36th SPP Physics Conference @ Puerto Princesa
The 36th Samahang Pisika ng Pilipinas International Physics Conference and Annual Meeting took place in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan from 6 to 9 June 2018. Invited and contributed presentations were be delivered on the following topics:
- Complex Systems
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics
- Computational Physics and Simulations
- Condensed Matter and Materials Science
- Image and Signal Processing
- Physics Education and Pedagogy
- Plasma and Earth Physics
- Quantum Computing and Information
- Terahertz Physics
- Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Ultrafast Optics
The conference ended with an excursion to nearby Honda Bay.
Talk titles and abstracts are published on SPP Paperview.
- Alireza Akbari, Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics
- Percival Almoro, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Hillary Andales, Philippine Science High School Eastern Visayas Campus
- Peter Babkevich, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Marco Battiato, Nanyang Technological University
- Feng-Chuan Chuang, National Sun Yat-sen University
- Jeffrey De Vero, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Melvin Empizo, Osaka University
- Jae Lord Filipinas, Mindanao State University–Main Campus
- Jacque Lynn Gabayno, Mapúa University
- Norihiko Hayazawa, RIKEN
- Deepak Kar, University of Witwatersrand
- Hosho Katsura, The University of Tokyo
- Daesuk Kim, Chonbuk National University
- Aleena Laganapan, University of Konstanz
- Vanni Lughi, University of Trieste
- Christopher Monterola, Asian Institute of Management
- Prospero Naval, Jr, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Yoshinori Okada, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
- Margie Olbinado, The European Synchrotron – ESRF
- Marissa Pastor, University of San Carlos
- Peter Robinson, University of Sydney
- Jacquiline Romero, University of Queensland
- Caesar Saloma, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Vallerie Samson, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Sandro Scandolo, International Centre for Theoretical Physics
- Valter Sergo, University of Trieste
- Yutaka Shikano, Keio University
- Masahiko Tani, University of Fukui
- Keisuke Tominaga, Kobe University
6 June 2018
7 June 2018
8 June 2018
9 June 2018
SPP Paperview accepts manuscript submissions for the 36th Samahang Pisika ng Pilipinas Physics Conference. This year, SPP will accept research papers in two forms:
- Full Article submissions are sent out for blind peer-review before our Editors can decide on manuscript acceptance. These articles will be published in the Proceedings of the SPP. Full Articles must use the 2018 SPP Proceedings template (TeX preferred) that may be downloaded from the SPP Downloads page.
- Extended Abstract submissions will be editorially screened and presented in a separate poster session. These presentations will not be part of the Proceedings, but will be printed in the Conference Handbook. Extended Abstracts are limited to 400 words in paragraph form and must be submitted in plain text.
The Last Call for Submissions deadline is 30 April 2018.
(Submissions made during this last call may not receive editorial decisions by the one month deadline for SRSF requests.)
The Second Call for Submissions deadline is 20 April 2018.
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”false” description=”true” ajax=”false”]
Excursion sign-up has ended.
3G-01 International Day of Light Workshop
8:00 AM – 11:00 AM on 8 June 2018
Due to the limited number of slots available, conference attendees who wish to participate in the Bahaghari Spectrometer workshop must register through the form below and wait for a confirmation email.
Registration for this event has ended. See you next year!
Getting to Palawan
Puerto Princesa Airport (PPS) is serviced by Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific Air, and AirAsia. Most guests can reach Puerto Princesa via international hubs in Manila and Cebu City.
The conference will take place at the Citystate Asturias Hotel Palawan. Many hotels offer complementary airport transfers. The hotel can be reached by a short taxi ride from the aiport (contracted at ~P200 to P250).
Things to do in Puerto Princesa
Many tour operators have special packages for Puerto Princesa. The most popular tours are
- Honda Bay Island Hopping
- Underground River
- Firefly Watching
- Estrella Falls
- El Nido